- Manage the Shire of Christmas Island Sport and Recreation Strategic 2013 -2018 plan actioning recommendations and reviewing annually.
- Assist develop sport and recreation programming to increase participation in sport, recreation and leisure as a means to connect all sectors of the community.
- Encourage more Christmas Island residents to be physically active.
- To strengthen and increase the capacity of Christmas Island sport and recreation organisations.
- Promote and develop infrastructure planning and sustainable recreational facilities.
- Assist Christmas Island organizations and the community in their strategic recreational planning process that includes undertaking a five year review of the Sport and Recreation Strategic.
Manager of Recreation Services can be contacted regarding:
- Queries on support and information regarding Sport and Recreation activities on Christmas Island.
- Information regarding availability of Community Grants and Funding programs.
- Direct queries to the Department of Sport and Recreation.
- Christmas Island Sports and Recreation facilities and infrastructure.